Elegant. Practical. Completely customizable.
When you choose the Grand Upton Hall for your event, you not only have selected one of the most flexible and convenient locations in southwestern Michigan, but you have chosen to work with a team of event planning professionals who want to help you make your next event great.
Yes, we can do that
We’re often asked if we can host a particular type of event, and the answer is almost always a resounding “Yes!” The Grand Upton Hall is versatile enough to host your wedding reception in style with elegant lighting and décor; be center stage for concerts and guest lecturers; and be a gathering place for your trade show, award ceremony, or private party.
Types of events often held in the Grand Upton Hall include:
- Weddings receptions
- Fundraising auctions and dinners
- Trade shows
- Private parties, reunions, dances, and anniversaries
- Company-wide meetings
- Product displays and demonstrations
- Fashion shows
Space and capacity
The 120’ x 120’ flexible design of the Grand Upton Hall allows you to customize the space to your needs. Built-in, floor-to-ceiling movable partitions can divide the space into four smaller rooms, allowing you to create a “just right” space for you and your guests.
When opened to its fullest, the 14,400-square-foot Grand Upton Hall will accommodate up to 1,600 guests with theatre seating, 900 guests with banquet seating, or 98, 8’ x 10’ trade show exhibition booths. When the space is partitioned, individual rooms will comfortably accommodate 75 to 840 guests depending on seating configuration.
Amenities and Services
So many things make up a great event: food and beverage selection and service, table settings and centerpieces, audio and video elements, lighting and sound, seating configurations, room layout, set up, and tear down. Many venues can provide you with only some of these services, leaving you to figure out the rest.
The Grand Upton Hall is your one-stop event planning location. With on-site expert catering, wide menu selections, complete bar and bartender services, technical support team to design your lighting and sound, not to mention professional event planners, we make it easier for you by handling all the details.
Services and amenities include
- On-site catering
- Liquor license and professional bartenders
- Ample, convenient, free parking
- Experienced event planner services
- Decorating, lighting, and sound
- Built-in projectors and screens throughout the space
- Optional, full-size bar that can be added to the back of the room
- Natural light from floor-length windows overlooking the campus lake
- Portable dance floor sized and placed within the space to meet your needs
- Catwalk for hanging decorations and lighting
- 14’ wide x 17’ tall overhead door for easy load-in and load-out
- Access to eight smaller break-out room across the hall and throughout The Mendel Center
- Linens and table service
- Tables, chairs, staging, and risers
We’d love to help you make your next meeting or event extra special. Call us today to find out more about doing just that in the Grand Upton Hall.
Mendel Center Services Coordinator
(269) 927-8606 or by email